Hi there! I'm Lori.
I'm the founder and CEO of L Knits. I thought it was time we got better acquainted.
Although I'm very introverted and really don't like being in the spotlight, I'm going to be very vulnerable and tell you some random tidbits about myself. Try not to laugh, it'll hurt my feelings.
- I’ve been told I have great taste in decorating but questionable taste in yarn. I really like handpainted yarns and buy them almost exclusively. I think they're really pretty.
- I don’t have a favorite food but I will try anything that’s not looking at me. If it has eyes, I can't eat it.
- I was a drummer in my high school marching band for two years. The first and only girl drummer.
- My yarn is organized by color in over 100 clear plastic shoe boxes. They are stacked very neatly in their own shelving units. (I'm a neat freak).
- I LOVE going for night rides in my pj's. These are car rides at night. Sometimes very late at night.
- My dream vacation would be six weeks touring through Asia. I have a fascination with the cultures of Asia. I don't know why.
- Pink is my favorite color, but my house is actually 50 different shades of grey. Only my office is powder pink. My daughter says it's like stepping into Barbie's office.
- I can get dressed in less than 5 seconds. That might be an exaggeration, but I can get dressed really fast, just ask my kids.
- I’ve been featured in Vogue Knitting. As a full page feature and the magazine subscription card had my design on it.
- I almost never watch the same movie twice. I don't like reruns. Never did. Never will.
- I’m a notorious late night snacker. My family calls me the 'Midnight Nibbler'. No snack food is safe especially on a night ride.
- I LOVE animals. I just don’t want them in my house.
- I learned to crochet (age 7) before I learned to knit (age 26). My Aunt Bernie taught me to crochet. She made afghans for everyone in the family.
- I own 6 knitting machines. Don't ask why.
- I took a color class with Barry Klein and Laura Bryant when I was a fashion student at Kent State University. That's when I knew yarn was going to be my career. That and the machine knitting course.
- I’ve been sewing for 40 years. I made my little sister's prom dress in 1982 and my daughter's homecoming dress in 2008.
- I’ve owned 3 other businesses including a gift basket business and jewelry store.
- I own 17 of the same sweater in different colors. Once I like something......
- I was a high school cheerleader. I didn't like it.
- I dabble in vegetarianism but love a great steak. I know. I know.
- I don’t like romance movies. I love action, mystery and thrillers. If I'm going to invest 2 hours, something better blow up.
- I have a VERY sensitive sense of smell. Enough said.
- I was minimalist before minimalism was cool. Which means I don’t like clutter and throw out and donate a lot of stuff.
- I won first place in a hand knit design contest sponsored by TNNA. My first ever design.
- I always wanted to be a judge on Project Runway. I think I'd be good at it.
Here's a Bonus:
26. My very favorite word in the whole world is: PIVOT. If something doesn't work, don't give up; pivot. Find another way. That means having a vision of what you want and going over, under, around or through to get there.
There you have it. All kidding aside, I really love what L Knits is becoming and I thank you so much for allowing me the privilege of being a part of your entrepreneurial journey.
We're going to do great things together..
Sticks & String,