Your yarn loving audience’s first impression of your company is usually a lasting one. That's why it’s important to make that first impression count and count big! Learn how to create a Welcome Email Series for your new Yarn Loving Subscribers and download your FREE Workbook to help you create your own welcome series.
People form judgments about people quickly and with very little information. So, we’re going to focus on your new subscribers by connecting with them and showing them the best of you, your designs and your business.
What is a Welcome Email Series
Also called a Welcome Campaign or Nurturing Sequence, a Welcome Email Series is a sequence of usually 3-7 email messages spread out over about 7-10 days which are sent to new subscribers. These messages are automated through your email marketing service.
What are the Goals of a Welcome Email Series
- It introduces you, your design style, business and blog posts to new subscribers
- It helps keep your subscriber interested and engaged with you and your business
- It provides a way to build a relationship of trust between you and your subscriber
- It shows that you have a sincere interest in them
- It’s a selling tool to sell patterns and products that complement your FREE Opt-in.
Why Should you Have a Welcome Email Series
When a crafter signs up to receive your FREE Opt-in, their enthusiasm about your business & designs is at its highest. they’re excited about their latest discovery; YOU! Your welcome series is a way to capitalize on that excitement & build a relationship that keeps them engaged. It’s a great introductory experience for your new subscribers.
Start with the End in Mind
The #1 priority for your new subscriber is to get to know you and what you have to offer to help them with their crafting experience.
Your #1 priority as a Yarn related Designer is to turn that subscriber into a customer. Your welcome series should give your subscriber enough great information about you and your business to turn them into a customer.
Why it’s Crucial to Have Something to Sell
Your welcome series is a chance for you to toot your own horn. You’re in business, you can’t afford to be shy about communicating the features and benefits of your creative business. This crafter is excited about you, don’t let that momentum go to waste. Sell them something! Give them an offer they can’t refuse.
Here are some ideas:
- A large project that complements your opt-in pattern: Sweater, Shawl, Blanket, etc.
- An eBook of something you specialize in or have great knowledge of
- Pattern bundles are gaining a lot of momentum. Put one together and offer it for sale
- An eCourse of something you specialize in or have great knowledge of
- A discount for an existing pattern, bundle, eBook, eCourse, etc.
This isn’t a complete list. I want you to be creative. Offer your subscribers something that’s a perfect reflection of your business. You want knitters telling their knitting friends about the warm welcome they received & the wonderful deal they got from you.
Start brainstorming what you want to say about your business and create a complementary product to offer to help your subscribers become customers.
I created a FREE 8-page Workbook to help you create your own 4-part Welcome Email Sequence. It's designed to help you:
- Discover how to welcome your new subscribers
- Get a list of what to send in each email
- Get a strategy for turning subscribers into customers
Sending a Welcome Email Series or Sequence is becoming a standard practice in online business. In the yarn industry, you’ll be ahead of the game.
Sticks & String,