Guest Post Submission Guidelines
L Knits is looking for writers!
Whether you need to get your voice in front of a new audience or you just feel like sharing, we would love to have you. Below is the complete process for guest posting.
Please read through the guidelines before applying and use this page as a reference after you've been accepted.
- Each post/article must be between 800-1500 words. This will keep the consistency of all our articles.
- You can include images, video or opt-in offers, but L Knits will create the main blog & social media graphics to match our branding
- No political, highly controversial or 'rant' posts. We like to focus on how-to tutorials & story-based articles
- If your idea is accepted, we'll schedule your post for a specific date & email you the graphics for social media sharing
- I'm sorry, but we can't accept every idea so please don't take it to heart if your article idea isn't accepted. Feel free to apply with a new idea.
- Your post must be original & only posted on the L Knits website (please don't submit a post you've shared somewhere else). If the post is not approved, you are welcome to share it however you'd like.
After your idea has been approved, we'll ask you to create & submit a article outline in Google Docs within 72 hours. Your outline will give us a better idea of your post idea and we can also help you develop the article. The outline doesn't need to be fancy. All we need is a title, short intro & 3-6 bullet points of what the article will cover.
- Topic: How to become a guest blogger
So, you want to start writing guest posts for other websites? Guest blogging is a wonderful way to grow your audience, practice your writing & connect with new communities. This article will show you step-b-step how to get started.
- Where to find guest posting opportunities
- How to build an opt-in for a guest post
- 3 ways to connect with the audience
- Important tips for a great submission
After your outline is approved (we may give you some feedback or comments), you can start drafting your post. Our editor will read over your first draft within a week. This is the perfect time to ask questions, get feedback & start developing an opt-in, video, images or any other content you may want to include.
4. Final Post:
You'll have 14 additional days after the draft is edited to finish writing. At this point we'll add our graphics, your bio and format it for the L Knits website.
In total you'll have 3 days to submit an outline & 14 days to write the article after draft editing. After that we'll add your article to the L Knits posting schedule.
Once your article is scheduled, we'll email you the publish date along with social media graphics for:
Feel free to request graphics for other social media outlets (add in submission form). We also ask that you keep an eye on the comments after the article has been published to help answer any follow-up questions.
Guest Post Article Ideas
All submissions must be geared toward building the businesses of the Hand Knit Designers.
These are just ideas, be creative.
- Increasing Profitability
- Marketing, Sales & Advertising
- Pattern Self-publishing & Distribution
- Website Design & Development
- Yarn related professions (hand knit design, crochet design, felt, yarn dyer, etc)
- The Design Process
- Business Planning
- Blogging & Content Creation
- Color Harmony
- Target Audience
- Customer Service
- Knitting History & Traditions
- Confidence & Self-esteem
- Social Media
- Audience Engagement